Destination Discovery Help
Need extra help finding your perfect destination? Read through the questions below to see if the answer you need is here!
Help With My Account
- How do I Sign In?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I edit my account?
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
- Where will my password be sent?
Help With My Enhanced Trip Profile
- What is an Enhanced Trip Profile?
- How do I access and edit my Enhanced Trip Profiles?
- How do I create a new Enhanced Trip Profile?
- How do I delete an Enhanced Trip Profile?
Help with my Recommended Destinations
Help With My Saved Favorites
- What is a Favorite?
- How do I Save a Favorite?
- How do I Access my Favorites?
- How do I know if I've already Saved a Favorite?
Help With My Account
How do I Sign In
If you have a Facebook account and wish to Sign In with that account, select the Facebook Login button in the header to automatically sign in with your Facebook account. Signing in with Facebook is fast and easy and only requires one click.
If you have a Triporati account, select the Sign In text link in the header. When the Sign In screen opens, enter your e-mail address and password in the listed fields and select the Sign In button.
If you don't have an account, select the Sign In text link in the header. When the Sign In screen opens, enter your e-mail address and password in the listed fields, check the "This is a new Account" checkbox and select the Sign In button.
How do I create an account?
If you have a Facebook account and wish to Sign In with that account, we encourage you to Sign Up through Facebook Connect. Simply select the Facebook Login button in the header to automatically sign in with your Facebook account. Signing in with Facebook is fast and easy and only requires one click.
Creating an account with Triporati is quick and easy. Select the Sign In text link in the header. When the Sign In screen opens, enter your e-mail address and password in the listed fields, check the "This is a new Account" checkbox and select the Sign In button.
How do I edit my account?
You can change the information associated with your Triporati account from the My Trips page. Sign In to view the My Trips page. Next, select the Edit Account link in the Quick Links menu. You can modify any of the available fields on this screen. Select the Save Changes button to save these edits to your account.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
It's easy to request your Triporati password. On the Sign In screen, click on the Forgot your Password text link. On the following screen, enter your e-mail address in the listed field and select the Reset My Password button. We'll assign you a new password that you can use to access the system. Once you login with that new password you can then reset to a password of your choice.
Where will my reset password be sent?
Once you enter an e-mail address associated with an account in the Triporati system, you'll receive on-screen confirmation that your password was reset and the new password was e-mailed to the e-mail address registered with Triporati. Simply check your e-mail and you'll have quick access to a new default password to access Triporati immediately.
Help With My Trip Profiles
What is an Enhanced Trip Profile?
The destination recommendations we suggest to you are based on our best understanding of your travel interests based on the information you initially provide to us.
In some cases, you might be interested in further personalizing your recommendations by providing more information about your travel interests. Enhanced Trip Profiles meet this need by allowing you to create a travel profile where you have explicitly specified your own interests and activities for a trip.
You can create a detailed and personal trip profile by selecting the Advanced Search link from the Destination Recommendations page. On this page you can further refine the activities and interests that you are interested in for your trip as well as save information about your planned dates of travel. We will refine your destination recommendations to best meet these travel preferences.
How do I access and edit my Enhanced Trip Profiles?
Your My Trips Page is your personal page within Triporati where you can view and manage all your Enhanced Trip Profiles and Saved Favorites. The page has four main sections:
- My Profiles. This section lists your personal Enhanced Trip Profiles. An Enhanced Trip Profile is a profile you create that is specific to your own travel preferences. You can view, edit, delete or see the map results for your existing personal profiles here.
- My Favorites. This section lists any destination pages that you've saved for future reference. You can view them, associate them with a personal trip profile, or delete all your Favorites from this section.
Quick Links. Links to three key actions are listed here:
a. Create Profile. Select this button to create a new personal Enhanced Trip Profile.
b. Check Rates. Select this button to access a booking module where you can check rates for air, car or hotel travel.
c. Edit Account. Select this button to view and/or edit your Triporati account information such as password and home airport.
- Updates. Triporati will notify you of any updates about your group profiles in this section. You'll also see any system notices on this page.
How do I create a new Enhanced Trip Profile?
You can create a personal Enhanced Trip Profile in two easy steps when you choose to refine your recommendations:
Select Your Interests. Click on up to 10 interests for your trip. You may also choose to start from one of our pre-set vacations by clicking on the vacation name at the top of the Interests box. The interests you select will automatically be populated in your profile display (in Step Two) in the order your select them. You can drag and drop to change the order.
- Features archaeological ruins of historical interests.
- Features unique or historically interesting architecture.
- Both art museums as well as outdoor art installations.
- Auto-racing venues.
- Beach Activities
- Activities associated with sandy beaches including sunbathing, sand play, shell collecting and any other activities that can be associated with the beach.
- Interests for road bicycles (as opposed to mountain biking). This can range from recreational bicycling for sightseeing purposes to road racing for exercise.
- Nature areas where birding is plentiful.
- Features facilities for camping ranging from car camping to backpack camping.
- Areas which are conducive to canoeing or kayaking.
- Features comedy clubs.
- Cooking Class
- Features cooking classes specific to a regional cuisine, specially targeted or attractive to visitors.
- Cruise ship accommodations and activities.
- Destinations that are renowned for their unique cultures.
- Dance performances of all styles.
- Tourism that is conscious of the environment and seeks to minimize the effect of tourism on the environment.
- Extreme Sports
- Facilities for any sort of adventurous sport including skateboarding, bungee jumping, hang gliding, spelunking, mountaineering or any adrenaline-inducing sport.
- Family Activities
- Features kids museums, amusement parks, man-made and natural attractions that appeal to families.
- Destinations that feature festivals celebrating something unique to that destination or region.
- Fine Dining
- Features fine dining establishments.
- Resources for any type of fishing ranging from lake fishing to fly fishing.
- Foreign Language
- Typically an international destination where a language other than English is the primary language.
- Features legal gambling venues.
- Features golf courses and/or golf facilities including driving ranges or other golf activities.
- Features areas conducive to day hikes or multi-day backpacking trips.
- A destination with notable historical significance.
- Destination with notable religious or sacred significance.
- Horse Racing
- Includes a horse racing venue.
- Horseback Riding
- Areas where horseback riding is available from both a novice tourist ride to a more experienced horseback riding adventure.
- Features a market or bazaar that is typically outdoor and where vendors are locals featuring handmade goods specific to the region.
- Areas which are conducive to meditating. Also features facilities which can aid in meditating through classes/sessions or meditation facilities.
- Destination with notable monuments for people or events specific to the region or destination.
- Mountain Biking
- Focuses exclusively on mountain biking trails.
- Notable museums of any kind, ranging from natural history to art to science.
- Features an active music environment ranging from jazz clubs to orchestra performances.
- National Park
- Features a national park.
- Features areas to explore and enjoy nature. Can include a park setting to a national park.
- Features an active nightlife scene, typically clubs.
- Features parks or gardens typically associated with cities. Usually associated with areas for children to play.
- Performing Arts
- Any venues for people to enjoy the performing arts ranging from dance to musical concerts.
- Professional Sports
- Any venue for people to enjoy professional sports ranging from football to boxing to tennis.
- Features rafting facilities, typically led by a guide.
- Rock Climbing
- Can be either natural rock climbing or rock climbing walls.
- A destination that is known for a romantic adventure. Typically targeted for couples.
- Typically a trip to view wildlife in its natural surroundings. Can be walking safaris or safaris where people view wildlife from within a vehicle.
- Includes both lake sailing and open sea sailing
- Scenic Drive
- Focuses on drives for the purposes of enjoying the scenery.
- Both scuba in the open sea as well as scuba lessons.
- Well-known and varied shopping venues.
- Features snow-skiing facilities.
- Areas known for snorkeling.
- Features Snowboarding facilities.
- Features areas conducive to sunbathing including both beaches, pools, and other areas.
- Features oceans and beaches that are known for surfing.
- Features facilities for both pool and ocean swimming.
- Offers tennis courts area available for play.
- Theme Parks
- An amusement park which features a certain theme that is featured through rides and attractions in the area. Examples include Knott's Berry Farm, Williamsburg, and Disney's Magic Kingdom.
- Area is conducive to walking, either for exercise or for sightseeing.
- Water Skiing
- Water skiing facilities available.
- Facility that offers treatments for the individual ranging from facials to exercise regimens. These can be treatments that last for an hour, such as a facial to several days such as an exercise or wellness weekend.
- Wine Tasting
- Areas that feature wine grape growing, wine making and local wine tasting.
- Studios and facilities for yoga and Pilates.
- Features an aquarium or zoo facility.
We have asked you to limit your selections to a maximum of ten interests to better prioritize and focus your destination recommendations. You do not need to select all 10 interests. Each interest may only be selected one time. You may remove an interest from your profile display by clicking on the interest again.
Complete Your Profile. Once you have chosen the interests for your travel profile, confirm that they are listed in your profile in the order of importance to you (number one being the most important interest for the trip down to number ten as the least important). You can reorder the interest by clicking and dragging the interests within the travel profile.
You have the option of further refining your search criteria by clicking on the Advanced Search text link. Your options will depend on whether you have indicated a fly or drive vacation:
World Region Filtering (Fly only): You can limit your destination recommendations to any of the specified regions of the world. We will look for the best matches for only those regions that you have selected. The default option is recommendations in all world regions.
"I loved my vacation to..." (both Fly and Drive) We know that many of you are avid travelers and have favorite vacations destinations which you might like to visit over and over again. When it's time to try a new destination, we can help recommend a different destination that meets your profile requirements and also shares many of the same features as your favorite vacation spot. Simply enter the name of the destination you love and we'll factor those qualities about that destination that you love into the recommendations we return to you.
For example, if you love Barcelona but want to try a new destination, create a new travel profile and enter Barcelona in the indicated field. We'll search for destinations that both meet your travel profile and are also "like" Barcelona to return you recommendations that share the best of both worlds!
To save this trip profile for future reference, select the appropriate checkbox. You will be asked to enter your e-mail address and a password. Entering this information automatically creates a Triporati account for your future visits to Triporati. Of course, you don't need to create an account to see trip recommendations for this trip profile. However, once you leave Triporati without saving this profile to an account, you will need to go through the profile creation process again to re-create your recommendations.
How do I delete an Enhanced Trip Profile?
You may remove any of your personal Enhanced Trip Profiles by selecting the Delete Profile link associated with any of your listed profiles. Once a profile is deleted you will not have access to the destination match results that were associated with that profile.
Help with my Recommended Destinations
How does the matching engine work?
Triporati's team of travel experts have rated each of the destinations in our database along the same interests that you use when creating your personal profile. These destination profiles are then matched with your prioritized travel profile through a proprietary matching algorithm to create a personalized destination recommendation list that is unique to you.
How do I view my recommended destination results for a saved Enhanced Trip Profile?
Your profile name and ranked interests are displayed at the top of the Destination Recommendations page. You can choose to edit this profile by selecting the Edit Profile button or, if you're not logged in to Triporati, save the profile by selecting the Save Profile button.
If you are currently a Triporati member, selecting the Save Profile button will take you to the login process where your profile results will now be saved after you log in. If you are not currently a Triporati member, you will be prompted to create a Triporati account so that you can save this profile for future reference.
Help With My Saved Favorites
What is a Favorite?
A Favorite is a destination guides page within the site that you find of special interest and that you want to save for future reference. If you are exploring different destinations and pages within the site this is a great way to mark these pages so you can remember and come back to them later.
How do I Save a Favorite?
Saving a page is easy. Simply click on the Save to My Favorites link at the top right hand side of the page or in the QuickLinks section. We'll ask that you're logged in to the site (if you're not already) and will save the guides page to your account. You can always reference your full list of Favorites from your My Trips page.
How do I access my Favorites?
When you are logged in to Triporati, simply go to your My Trips page. You'll see a full listing of all the pages you've saved as Favorites right on that page.
How do I know if I've already Saved a Favorite?
There are two ways to tell that you've saved a page as a Favorite:
- My Trips page. You'll see a listing of all the pages you've saved as Favorites on this page.
- If you're logged in to the site, you'll see a note on the pages that you've Saved as Favorites in place of the ability to Save the page as a Favorite.
Couldn't find the answer to your question here? Send your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond to you within 3 business days.